The Meaning Of Al-Qur'an The Guidance For Mankind (23.5cmX15.5cm) (Arabic - English)
This is a modern English translation of the Quran Really easy to read and follow. one of the best features of the Quran is it has side notes and introduction to every surah. also, the negation of the Quran is easy to follow where each the time subject it starts a new paragraph.
1. Field Testing the Communication of Divine Message The unique feature of this translation is its field testing for over 3 1/2 years to improve the communication and understanding of the Divine Message. Translation passages were given to the New Muslim and Non-Muslim high school and college students for reading under the supervision of various Ulema. After reading, the person was asked to explain as to what he/she understood from the passage. If his/her understanding was the same as is in the Arabic Text of the Holy Qur’an then we concluded that we have been successful in conveying the Divine Message properly. If his/her understanding was different than what the Qur’anic verses were stating, we kept on rewording the translation until those verses were understood properly. It was tremendous patience on part of the participants. May Allah reward them all.
2. Language Dictionaries During translation the following Arabic Urdu and Arabic English Dictionaries were used to arrive at the most accurate meanings: Vocabulary of the Holy Qur’an by Abdullah Abbas Nadwi. Lughatul Qur’an – Arabic & Urdu – by Abdul Karim Parekh. Elias Modern Dictionary – Arabic English – by Elias & Edward E. Elias. Mutalab-i-Qur’an by Yaqoob Sarosh. Lughat-ul Munjid – Arabic & Urdu – by A Group of Ten Ulema.
3. Verification of Accuracy After translating each verse of the Holy Qur’an it was verified for accuracy of Divine Message through the research of following 15 translations
4. Sources of The Prophet’s Biography In tabulating the Biography and Mission of the Holy Prophet following sources were used: Life of the Prophet by Ibn Khaldun. History of Islam by Prof. Masudul Hasan Seerat Sarwar-e-Alam by Syed Abul A’la Maududi. Seerat-un-Nabi by Allama Shibli Nu’mani & Allama Sayed Sulaiman Nadwi.
5. Computer Help through Thesaurus, Spelling and Grammar Check In typing on the computer and for cross-reference and research ‘Alim’ software was used along with Word Perfect, Page maker and Microsoft Word’s Dictionary, Thesaurus, Spelling and Grammar Check. This method provided the tool to access verities of words for using in the translation. This computer age technology was not available to prior translators; therefore, they had to depend on their own vocabulary of words and manual consultation of English Dictionary.
6. Simplicity In this translation Simple Language and Direct Approach is used for appealing to the common sense of scholars and common people.
8. Understandability There are no footnotes to refer and no commentary or lengthy explanations to read. All necessary explanations have been incorporated right there in the text with italic type setting to differentiate from the translation of the meanings of Qur’anic Arabic Text.
9. Outline of Pertinent Information Before the start of each Sürah, information relating to its Period of Revelation, Major Issues, Divine Laws and Guidance have been presented as an outline. Then a summary of the preceding events has been tabulated for the reader to understand the historical background to grasp the full meaning of the Divine Message.